I bought a set of allen sockets in kit form:
http://www.transquip.com.au/product.aspx?ID=2931&PARENT=324
http://www.kctools.com.au/images/2005_Catalogue_jpegs/KC%20TOOLS%20Catalogue/slides/page24.html
and they are the ducks guts for working on MB's and also I had a Bosch
Dremel type tool break down and thanks to the tamper-proof bits in the
kit could pull it apart and fix it.
Nothing quite like having proper tools for working on cars.

Hendrik
who likes tools the way some like guns