LarryT wrote:

> I just checked prices on styrofoam (like) sheet insulation in 4'x8' - Home
> Depot has it for $9-$10 each.  Once my new metal 3 car garage is done I;ll
> start installing them (once I buy them) ;-)  and I hear they are *very*
> effective.  Will insulate the ceiling and walls.

Extruded foam can work well, provided you seal the cracks between the sheets.
Fiberglass only works in the lab, in real life the cold air flows right
through it like an air filter. What I'd like to do with a pole barn is
put 7/16 OSB on the sidewalls and blow them full of cellulose. It's cheap,
and air does not flow through it easily.

Mitch.