The Bosch Duraterm and the equivalent Beru plugs vary resistance based
on temperature. They start out ~ 0.8 Ohms cold and go up to ~ 30 Ohms
when hot. All the bad ones I've seen read infinite ohms and don't get
hot anymore.
You should have a spare glow plug in your bag of tricks. See how your
meter reacts to that one and go from there.

-Dave Walton