Sorry for the overly obscure reference.  In college my nickname was "pigeon"
or "street bird" (strasse vogel, auf Deutsch).  "Strasfogel" is a Polish
variant of the German.  The only other extant Strasfogeli I am aware of live
in France, though probably not in the village of Remulac.  (extra credit for
identifying the family who came from Remulac, a village in France).