Timothy Robinson wrote:

> Task for the day was to read these oil threads, check out Mobile 1 and try
> to learn what weight would be best to run in the cars. Before I buy eight
> cases of oil at AutoBarn (10% off and free shipping), according to "das
> Buch" it's 10W40???

I don't have a 617 book handy at the moment. For my M102, 10W40 and 10W50
are OK for all temps over -4F and 15W40 is recommended for any temp over
5F. 10W30 is NOT recommended above 50F, and 5W30 is not recommended above
14F.
Per Marshall, IIRC, 15W50 was fine down ot -10F or -20F, and it was
his 2nd favorite oil. He'd rather have Delvac One truck oil, or M1 5W40
turbo diesel formula, which is the same thing. I buy oil at Walmart
usually. Last time I was there, the price for 4qts of 5W40 was about
the same ($22-23) as five quarts of 15W50. I'd buy the 5W40 diesel oil
if the price were closer. Both the 15W50 and 5W40 can be hard to find at
times.

Mitch