On Dec 4, 2007 2:39 PM, Smith, Todd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I believe that a poster on another list is mistaken but I thought that I
> would check with
>the experts first before I posted anything.  There has been a claim
that the OM617 engine
>was available as a special order by Dodge for the Dakota series of
small pickup trucks in
>the 85-86 timeframe.

Nonsense.

A. The Dakota didn't exist until 1990.  Remember what a big deal the
ad campaign made about it being "the first midsize truck"?

B. Until the DaimlerChrysler merger in 1993, Chrysler had never sold
their trucks with anyone else's engines except Cummins, unless you
count badge-engineered Mitsubishis like the D50 (Mighty Max) and
Raider (Montero).

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo et al.