I got a Garmin Nuvi, it has traffic reports and all kinds of other
stuff, was kinda pricey but a fun and useful gadget.  THe cheaper ones
have smaller screens and fewer additional features, depending on what
you want/need that sorta drives your choice.  I think the Garmins get
about the best reviews.  It does get confused on newer construction
though, if the maps have not been updated to reflect that.

I like Nuvi's voice, even when I get her flustered and she commands me
to do unnatural (driving) acts.  She is very persistent sometimes.

On an aside, when I was first setting it up, I was sitting in my chair
in the back of the house, away from the street.  I had it on, and it
determined EXACTLY where I was, and kept pointing to the edge of the
street, maybe 80 ft away, as where "home" was.  Very cool.  I was
surprised it locked on the sats from in the house, but it did with the
built-in antenna.

--R