From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Allan Streib
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 7:17 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Deer Whistles was Re: OT: Bumluck and caravan bumper

I'm not surprised.  I can't imagine that the amount of air going
through those little things would generate much of a whistle.

I have heard that one potentially effective strategy if a deer is
"frozen" in your headlights is to blink the lights off and on.  Don't
know if it's any more effective than the whistles though.

The one time I hit a deer it just jumped in front of the car.  No
avoiding it.  They are pretty dumb animals.

About all you can do is be really watchful when you're going through
wooded areas.  They *seem* to hang out in the same spots, so once you
know where they are you can be ready for them.

Allan