I had two of those aunts. OY! Grace and Lura. Saying their driving skills
were lacking is an understatement. Their kids just encouraged them to drive
big cars for their safety and hoped for the best.

Lura's son was with the state highway patrol and found a Ford Crown Vic with
the "police interceptor" package at auction. The car was repainted a bright
"robin's egg blue." Stop signs and regulatory signs were "only a suggestion"
for Aunt Lura. Luckily her range was only within a few miles of home,
usually the local market and church on Sunday. She was given a "wide path"
as she rounded off curves and ignored intersections. After all, she was in
90s.

Grace was the "older" sister with the 1978 red Mercury land yacht. As she
got older and too frail to manage the heavy doors on the coupe she traded
for a new Cadillac V-8 with the Northstar engine. She sat at a stop sign
looking left, right, left, right, anticipating to cross the main four lane
highway. Just as the Dodge Ram passed and she floored the accelerator she
realised that she hadn't noticed the $30,000. bass boat he was towing. She
sailed through it, splitting it in half.

The prize must go to old Hazel though. She had a little balding dog which
might have once been a toy poodle. "FeeFee" rode in the car whenever Hazel
went out. Hazel had knitted the dog a little afghan which matched the
pillows in the rear window of the 70's Chrysler Imperial. Returning one day
from the grocery, Hazel pressed the garage door control and proceeded to
manuever the "tank" into the basement garage. She glanced down and
discovered "FeeFee" was cold and had shifted positions. Fearing to pinch the
little dog with the brake pedal Hazel reacted in a split second to step on
the accelerator. The Imperial lunged forward taking out the hot water
heater, the oil furnace and exiting the other end of the basement through
the cinderblocks.