The glow light has started acting strange in the '90 300D 2.5.  It
doesn't light when you turn the key to the glowing position (I did
verify that the plugs get electricity in this position), the car
starts right up, idles faster and rougher than usual, then about 30
seconds later, while driving down the street, the glow light comes on,
and stays on for 30 seconds to a minute (haven't timed it - seems
forever), then eventually goes off. At the next stop, the car idles
normally.
I assume the glow light issue is the glow plug relay, but what about
the idle - I'm guessing the electronic idle controller is wonky? Are
the two electrically related somehow?
The glow plugs and the relay fuse were replaced last Spring.

Any guesses, or informed opinions?

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK