Allan S. wrote:

"If you can't stop and go with one foot you have no business behind the
wheel of a car."

I agree.  It drives me crazy when I see someone with their brake lights
going on and off while they are accelerating. You can tell they are
using their left foot to brake and then riding the brake.  Not only is
that dangerous to other drivers, but it also wears out their brakes.

I was playing golf with a client of mine who is an insurance adjuster.
I was standing in front of the cart waiting for the other two guys to
hit.  My client stepped on the gas and hit me -- not bad just sort of
banged into my leg.  He was very apologetic. THEN, he did it again.  He
kept saying I thought I was hitting the brake.  I managed to get out of
the way before he did it a third time.  On the second hit, my hand got
cut on a sharp part of the windshield frame.  I had to play the rest of
the round (this was hole #2) with blood filling up my glove.  We always
knew which ball was mine because it had blood on it.

After we could laugh about it, I asked him if he now believed those
stories about people who said, I thought I was hitting the brake.

I made sure I rode in the other cart ever since then.

Donald H. Snook