> > "archer" writes:
> >
> > > It's only logical that with nearly all cars being
> > > automatic nowadays, the brake should be operated by the
> > > left foot and the accellerator by the right foot. Trying
> > > to both stop and go with one foot is what confuses people
> > > who aren't mechanically inclined.

> > Using one foot forces you to RELEASE the throttle when you
> > engage the brake. If you put the brake where the clutch is
> > supposed to be, then people who are accustomed to a manual
> > transmission would be punching the brake.
> >
> > If you can't stop and go with one foot you have no business
> > behind the wheel of a car.
> >
> > -- (presumably Allen, but not signed)

> I disagree stongly.  Your reaction times are much faster using
> 2 feet.
>
> Pete

There have been a tests the prove otherwise - but I suspect that
they were with people who were not accustom to driving
two-footed.

But that reaction time looses value if the driver forgets to
release the fuel control pedal.

It's not possible to make the task of driving idiot proof!! Nor
do I think it is a "unalienable" right.

--         Philip