From: "Sunil Hari" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> The one time I saw a Roomba in action, it was incompetent.  There was a
> normal rug on a hardwood floor, and it couldn't handle the rug at all.  I
> stared at it being dumb and thought, "I could run any POS vacuum over it
> in 20 seconds and be done, yet I'm entranced by this Roomba for several
> minutes!"
> BTW, solved the vacuuming problem long ago - I do it once a year.  No
> pets, no shoes in the house = no dirt.  I swear by it.
Daughter tried that with no success.  People ignored the sign or forgot.
Widower friend has interesting system.  He opens all doors and windows in
his duplex apartment, starts at the front door with his leaf blower and
blows all the dirt out the back door; housecleaning plus rug cleaning in one
operation.  Takes him about ten minutes.
Gerry