> Philip look it up I assume that you adjust that along with the
> dial for heat or cold?
>
> Douglas

Yup. Turn the knob toward blue if it's too warm, toward red if
it's not warm enough. No thermostat action at all.

I actually prefer it to "the car adjusts the temp for me".

# pause while I dig....#

I failed to find my notes. *grrr*

So I went to the car itself. From what I saw and what I remember...

The resistor value that I used is 11,310 ohm. I got to this value with
two resistor in series. As I recall, this value came from
Climate/83-602a.pdf on the CD manual. There is a table there that show
the relationship between temperature and expecteded resistance

15 C (59 F)   15.7 k ohm
25 C (77 F)   10.0 k ohm
35 C (95 F)   6.5 k ohm
60 C (140 F)  2.5 k ohm

The sensor is a bit of a pain to get to, especially the connector. It
is in the middle of the two fresh air vents. I think I got to it last
time with the glove box and instrument panel removed. Maybe I had the
top panel of the center cosole out also. The fresh air vent boots
really get in the way.

The sensor itself is held in with via friction. There is a plastic
ring that the body of the sensor fits through. The grating that's
visible is larger than the body. The plasting ring underneath holds
the sensor in place by squeezing the dash.

The connector is a two pin and fastened by friction-only - that is, no
latch that has to be unlatched. The pins are vertical, so the
connector unplugs by moving straight down.

The sensor has two archways on the body that allow access to the
sensor side of the connector pins. I cut off the original wire on one
side and soldered each end of the resistor 'chain' to each of the
pins.

--                 Philip