Evidence of Marshall living still yet among us. Sweet.

Bob R.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Timothy Robinson
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2007 8:36 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] Thanks to Dr. Booth!...

I joined the list just in time to read you guys talking about the
passing of this wonderful guy, a sage it seemed. I've gained admiration
of him. SO...
"Change the fuses...?" Here's what I discovered today (thx to Booth):

I bought an '84 300D from a guy on Craigslist early summer. With my
schedule I didn't have a chance to pick the car up until late September
and just this past week have gotten a chance to fool with it. It's a
nice clean lil 230K car.

When I bought the car the guy, who has no exprience with MB, or diesel
was apparently in a haste to part with it. I got it for a very cheap
price (good faith on phone) and didn't see it until I actually picked it
up.

I did notice that the guy had bought sets of fog lamps and headlamps
which were NIB in the trunk. Long story short, he apparently had tried
to repair lights becoming frustrated that the fuses (which he finally
located) checked out on the meter and the bulbs weren't burned out. It
was the same with some other equipment. He decided to just sell the car
at a loss and stick with his little late model gas Toyotas and Fords.

Today with some time and a beautiful day I decided to "tinker" and heck,
"change the fuses" (even though I too got continuity on the meter.)

Guess what? In replacing all of the old fuses suddenly those items begin
acting as intended. The right low beam and fog lights, the sunroof,
etc..
Heck, I've got two spare yellow fogs and a new headlight spare for the
price of a $0.20 fuse!

"Who would have thunk?" So a believer now to change the fuse...
especially that 80AMP GP relay before tearing into glow plugs. (Kinda
like the uncle who tore the carb apart on his garden tractor before
realising it was out of fuel.}

Happy camper!
Tim

Email Firewall made the following annotations
---

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain confidential,
privileged or proprietary information. If you have received it in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the original and any copy or printout.
Unintended recipients are prohibited from making any other use of this e-mail.
Although we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present
in this e-mail, we accept no liability for any loss or damage arising from the
use of this e-mail or attachments, or for any delay or errors or omissions in
the contents which result from e-mail transmission.