Been driving the 140 diesel for a while.  Had the center console apart
on the 92 300D fixing the cig lighter, was not working.  Discoverd it
was not hooked up.  Anyway, put car back together and drove it today to
work.  It needed to be filled up so I filled it up and got 29.8 mpg.
WOW.  The 2.5 turbo is the perfect balance of economy, performance, and
luxury.  The 140 diesel is the ultimate luxury but gives up some
performance and economy.

On another note, there is a crappy alpine cassette installed in this
car.  This has the factory 2 piece system with the amp etc.  Well all
the equipment is installed in the trunk but when hooking up this
aftermarket radio, there is nothing plugged into the amp in the trunk.
Looks like the round plug that goes from the head unit to the trunk unit
is still there under the dash, as is the power (I think) plug.  The
fader switch has been bypassed I guess.  Also the antenna wire is up
front to hook to the radio.  In the factory configuration it goes to the
trunk unit.  So in order to get this thing back to stock, looks like Im
going to somehow have to get all the wires back to the trunk area for
the speakers and the antenna.  I guess when they hooked it up they
removed the plug on the amp in the trunk and routed everything up front
some how.  Originally there are speaker connections on the trunk unit.
Do these go from there to the amp, then from the amp to the fader switch
and then on to the speakers?  All I know is since it doesnt run thru the
amp now the sound is very bad, not like it should be with the proper
configuration.  I hate it when people butcher up the wiring for the
factory radio, especially the 2 piece radios.  Very hard to get it back
to original.
--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  94 E420, 92 300SD, 92 300D, 92 250D Turbo, 92 300E 4Matic,