you are confused because you suppose that the euros have a history of
similar freedoms to those we once enjoyed here in the usa.  countries such
as germany have no tradition of individual liberty.   consider for a moment
that the most popular german leader of the last 100 years was hitler and you
can get some kind of understanding.

what is stunning is how we have allowed this continental tyranny to take
hold in our nation.