PCLinuxOS 2007 is pretty much plug & play now. So is Linux Mint. Mepis 7.0,
too.

You might want to avoid Slackware.   : -)

Unless you've tried a distro released in the last couple of months, you
don't know what Linux "is" in January 2008. In most cases, current linux is
way more plug & play than either Win98 or WinXP.

On Jan 11, 2008 6:05 PM, jgiels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just would like to have another choice! Though Linux has come along way
> it still is not easy enough for me. I know many here use it and am glad,
> though I really am a plug and play kind of guy.
>
> Douglas

LT Don
http://don.homelinux.net/~don/

apt-get update