Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:15:30 -0500
From: "Dwight E. Giles, Jr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] W124 seat switch
To: "'Mercedes Discussion List'" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The electric seat control on the door of my 300D 2.5t only works in
 some
positions-this is recent, although it seemed to be flakey on the
 forward
position when I got the car. Had stopped altogether and then I sprayed
 dome
electrical contact cleaner in it today to give it the Cathey treatment.
Seemed to help a bit, but not sure it didn't discolor the door panel a
 bit.
Can I remove this switch by just pulling off the plastic handle?  Or
 other
disassembly required?  (I am used to the 240D's with the  $16.75
 plastic
replacement handle for the manual seat control.

Thanks,

Dwight

Dwight E. Giles, Jr.

1978 240D 4 speed. 215K miles.

1979 240D- auto -250K + miles (FOR SALE)

1990 300D 2.5t 150K miles

Wickford, RI