I got my odometer gear today from odometer gears ltd (odometergears.com). It
installed per web instructions. The gear that broke in my unit was the one with
12 teeth and the brass insert. The new one is all plastic, and I had to remove
the old brass insert, It kind of split off with 6" Klein diagonal cutters. I
was somewhat fear full of breaking some thing but it worked out for me. The new
gear pushes on .

Now the lubricating waxy stuff on the gears looks to me like it needs some kind
of replenishment. Any Ideas? I was thinking of Leslies swimming pool o-ring
greases (a DOW silicone/? product that reminds me of vacuum grease but a bit
lighter .)

George Larribeau
Dallas Texas

1985 300SD 207K
1987 HD FLHTC 90K, Bent &2 I
1984 Motoguzzi Cal -2 80K
1972 Motoguzzi Ambassador LOTS
1965 Chevy C-10 pick up truck lots of miles 3rd small block ..(Extra
 Ugly,but runs)

1993 BMW 323i  125K (Wife's Car)
1967 BMW R50/2 (Wife's MC, currently in a Basket, Getting Better)