If you're going to read newsgroups or subscribe to mail lists, you
really need to do yourself a favor and get a good mail client.
Microsoft Outlook is not one.  Apple OS X Mail is not one.
Thunderbird last I used it is not one.  Web clients are not either.

You need to be able to sort by thread, author, subject, date at
minimum.  Most can do that, though all but a few are very weak at
keeping threads together if someone alters the
 Subject: line.

You need to be able to "killfile" authors, subjects, and threads so
you never see them again even if they are active.

The really best mail readers that I know of are all text based, and
tend to be arcane for a lot of people.  There must be one or two good
GUI ones though --- unfortunately I don't know what they are.

Allan

--
1983 300D
1966 230