There was a reasonably nice '83 240D sitting in front of a house for a long
time that I was interested in.  It was suffering from a lack of maintenance
including a very leaky primer pump and tight valves.  He wanted to know what
needed to be fixed.  I told him that a valve adjustment would run $110 or
so, $20 for the primer pump, and another $50 for fuel system and cooling
system maintenance to get it ready for the road again.  I wanted him to sell
it to me for $500.  The plan didn't work, and he ended up giving it to his
grandson.  They got that car running, and it's been  clattering  around the
neighborhood for the past year.  i'm happy that it's running around again
rather than just rusting away beside the street.

Kevin in Hillsboro, OR
1983 300sD 266Kmi, Ursula