I assumed he wasn't using the heat as he said there "wasn't much load" hence my
question.

-Curt

Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:08:10 -0500
From: Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Big Bertha rides!
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Curt Raymond wrote:

> Is it just a matter of not having enough load to get decent returns?
> Meaning if you load it up more do you think that will significicantly
 increase consumption?

If this is the all-electric home and he ran the circuit box with the
Hercules, it would have had mucho load on it between the water heater
and the heat units. Add to that the fact that a gallon of propane
equates to about 2/3 of a gallon of fuel oil. I'd forgotten that
Jim had procured a fork lift fuel tank, I remember who fast he
emptied a 20lb BBQ can in his initial testing. The one I put
at my parents' farm is only 7kw and runs off the 300 gallon tank
that they heat the house with, so it's hard to tell how much the
generator uses.

Mitch.