----- Original Message -----
From: "Timothy Robinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> OY... I LIVE on my alfalfa sprouts. A diet of those, wheat grass, carrot
> from the juicer and cabbage (Russian Prison Diet ...soup) and see if you
> can bring tears to others' eyes in an elevator!
> Gonna figure out how to plug my a$$ in for methane... maybe could drive to
> the mailbox?
>> From: "Wonko the Sane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>> Four of my five workdays, I leave diesels (plural) in the garage and walk
>> to work.
>> That doesn't mean I don't pollute the atmosphere. As a veggie I eat lots
>> of beans, and the one mile walk to work gets the digestive process
>> working, and  :-(

CAMDEN (Feb 1): The Merriam Webster Dictionary definition for flatulence is
brief: "flatus expelled through the anus." And while it's a natural bodily
function, it seems some Camden-Rockport Middle School eighth-grade boys are
taking it to new heights and making a game of seeing who can expel the
loudest and grossest flatus.

According to this week's Fire Cracker school newsletter though, the joke's
on the boys as the penalty for "intentional farting" is now a detention.
"Strange, but true, thanks to a bunch of 8th grade boys, intentional farting
has been banned from CRMS," the newsletter said. "It started out as a funny
joke and eventually turned into a game. This is the first rule at CRMS that
prevents the use of natural bodily functions. The penalty for intentional
farting is a detention, so keep it to yourself!"
According to a group of seventh-grade students milling around downtown
following Friday's storm-related early release, the eighth-graders'
escapades are well known in the school.
"They would do it in science class and other places," said Jordan Tyler.
"It's a natural occurrence and we all do it 16 times a day."
When questioned where he learned that information, Tyler and the other
students all said it was true, though they couldn't remember where they
heard it.
One of the other students, Kyle Ruger, said the act by the boys was funny,
but he had mixed feelings about whether it was appropriate.
Jordan Knowlton minced no words when she expressed how she felt, saying,
"It's gross."
Remy LeVine said he was in the class when CRMS science teacher Brad LaRoche
talked to all the eighth-grade boys about the issue, as well as the
consequences.
Attempts to reach CRMS Principal Maria Libby Friday afternoon were
unsuccessful and school Superintendent Patricia Hopkins said she had not
heard anything about the issue or the alleged suspected result, though she
did get a good chuckle out of the news.
http://knox.villagesoup.com/rewrite/108448.htm
Roger wrote:
I am outraged!  Flatulence is a natural function.  What are they going to
outlaw next?  Sneezing?  Coughing?  We need to get the presidential
candidates policy on this.  It could unequivically tell us where they stood
on personal freedom.

Those of us who feast on beans, cabbage, sweet potatoes, and other gaseous
foods should, in self defense, become adept at silent flatulation.  When
certain members of Congress hear about this, we will undoubtedly soon have a
federal law enforced by Homeland Security and their explosives sniffing dogs
which will be trained to sniff the backsides of airlines passengers just
like they sniff the backsides of other dogs.
When that happens, I'm moving to Australia where farting is an art form.