There are more lies in this story than Munchausen.
Fist it needed a Kick-down cable. Than a rebuild. Than the car was ready,
but at the last minute the cable was the wrong size. Tells me the guy never
installed a new cable but misteriously diagnosed the trannt trashed. (???)
Than they had to "FINE TUNE" the valve body.(What's that ?)
Than they had to get a new valve body. (???)
Than there was something wrong with the "CORE" and they had to get a new
one. (???)
Lastly they can't get the thing to shift into 4th gear and gave up.
Why does it not shift into 4th?
I am taking it to an independent Mercedes shop and find out.

On 2/6/08, Allan Streib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "LarryT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Wow!  A rebuild and no charge?  That seems strange!
>
> Not if the original tranny is still in the car.  I'd like to hear if
> it is.
>
> Allan
>
> --
> 1983 300D