sorry for late reply

I keep chickens.  Small city yard and this is about all that fits.
Great for allergy prone kids too.

They feel.  both pain and emotion.  Chickens are very loving birds
when given love from the start.  They can become feral and lose that
loving feeling, but I raise mine from peeps and there is nothing
comes closer to holding a chicken and petting her as she cuddles up
on you.  Well, maybe a new baby comes close.

Chickens will imprint on their caregiver and being social animals,
will take you into the flock as head chicken in charge.  At least I
am papa chicken.  They also are able to select who they want to
associate with.  A chicken will decide that certain folks are just
wrong, but it is individual to the bird and not a flock thing.  My
birds are not fond of my youngest, and one hen is pretty unhappy with
me, but adores my oldest boy.

go figure

clay