Craig McCluskey wrote:

> Good ideas there. However, you have much less protection when you use a
> debit card than when you use a credit card. I can't rattle off the
> particulars, but they are noticable.

That's correct, although the networks (Visa, M/C) do voluntarily give
some of the protections to debit cards, at least if you process the
charge in the manner that runs it though them (signature, not PIN).
Another reason to use credit cards, besides warranty and chargebacks,
is that credit card companies pay me a couple thousand a year and
I'm not eager to give that up. (signup bonuses, 2-5% cash back on
purchases, 0% interest loans sitting in high yield savings for a year)