Zedic wrote regarding fixing the US politically: "Fourth, get rid of the
Presidential Veto..that is not democracy."

That is a HORRIBLE idea.  Who would provide the check and balance on the power
of the legislature? The Congress could enact anything without fear of the
President having any say on it.  Sorry, I don't trust Congress enough to think
that is a good idea. I also don't trust the President to allow him to be able
to unilaterally veto acts of Congress.  Remember, they can overrule him with a
2/3.  The whole idea is to decentralize power, so that no single branch has too
much.

I agree with most of the rest of your email.

Donald H. Snook

http://www.mtsqh.com/