Mitch wrote: "HRC, BHO, and JM are the least viable trio of candidates in my
lifetime."

I am not sure what you mean by "least viable."  Clinton, Obama or McCain WILL
BE president come January 20, 2009. No other party candidate can legitimately
claim they can win.  I understand your frustration with the candidates, but one
of the Major party candidates will win no matter who the other third party
candidates are.

Third party candidates play a role - mostly symbolic.  Although recently, the
third party candidate has had a hand in swinging the election.  Nadar did it in
2000 (with Nader's votes, Al Gore would have been president) and Ross Perot
pulled off enough Republican votes to keep George H. W. Bush from a second
term.  A lot of people don't realize that Bill Clinton was elected twice with
less then half of the vote.

Donald H. Snook

http://www.mtsqh.com/