My plan for shop/garage/basement lighting is incandescent bulbs throughout,
with a pull chain on each one.  Wattage will vary depending on why the light
is needed in particular areas. I expect to replace them with LED white
lights some time in the future when the next upgrades hits the market.  I
use drop lights and clamp lights for addition lighting in work areas.

In the garage will be 40 and 60 watt.  Basement storage areas will be 60
watt.  My work areas will be 100 and 150 watt and I'll pull the chains when
I need an increase.

Harry