i live in a suburban area about 25 miles east of atlanta.  most people own
at least one dog.  about 20% let the dogs run free.  this initially alarmed
me, but i soon discovered that everyone (including animal control) just
accepts it so i only do anything now if a dog is proven to be vicious.  I
think it's kind of crazy, but more country minded persons don't get how
anyone could be against it.

the worst i have to deal with now is a white pit mix who loves people but is
a tad dog aggressive.