Gang,

The centre console on my 280SEL (with column shifter) has a fifth switch. It
looks exactly like the single rocker switch in the rear door. The extra switch
is located between the two rows of double window switches. The car doesn't have
a sunroof, and in any case I believe sunroof switches were normally on the
dash. Could this be the antenna height switch (the car has an electric antenna,
but I doubt it is the original because it isn't a Hirschmann) or is there some
other option that I don't even know I have!?

D.