Also, check for some small restrictions in the lines -- some of the
fittings on the main line have very small holes.  Otherwise, you have
more air getting into the main line that you should.

You may also have broken the check valve -- the one on my "new" 300D
was taped up when I got it, leaked like crazy.  Not available
separately, but not expensive to replace the main line, either, and
it will be correct.

Watch for cracks and breaks in the hard plastic lines, too -- they
become quite brittle when exposed to oil vapor and heat.

Peter