        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Curt Raymond
        Sent: Fri 3/14/2008 3:40 PM
        To: Diesel List
        Subject: Re: [MBZ] Olds diesels was Re: Craigs list finds

        Buy it up, I'll drive it out to you.

        Any guesses on the fuel economy? I speculate something like a 116 SD,
mid 20s...

        -Curt

        Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 08:16:25 -0500
        From: Donald Snook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Subject: [MBZ] Olds diesels was Re:  Craigs list finds
        To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

        Curt wrote:  http://nh.craigslist.org/car/597945983.html - Snook's new
         ride?

        That is a nice 98.  I think the seller is wrong about the transmission.
          One of the technicians at the Olds dealership I worked at had two of
         these. He kept two spare injection pumps around.  He swore that they
         had no head gasket/head problems if you changed the coolant often and
         replaced the intake gasket every 30,000 miles.

        I did have a 1981 Olds 98. It was stolen in Atlanta and the police
         found it a few days later. They broke the steering column and started
the
         car with a spoon (they left the spoon in the car and the cop showed me
         how it worked).  I was in college and didn't have the money to fix the
         column, so I started it with a spoon for almost three years - until I
         ran into a fire hydrant and totaled the car.

        P.S. you know how fire hydrants always break off in movies or TV? Well,
         I can tell you they do not break off in real life. They have a big ole
         steel support pipe that can easily take out a 1981 Oldsmobile 98.

        Donald H. Snook

        http://www.mtsqh.com/

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message
may be privileged and confidential. If this e-mail contains
protected health information, you are hereby notified that any
strictly prohibited,except as permitted by law. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender
immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your
computer.  Thank you.