R A Bennell wrote:
> But woulnd't you sort of like to have a new MB diesel? I don't know
> if I think they are as good as they used to be but if I had really
> deep pockets it would be fun to find out.

FWIW, I'd like to get a CDI.... but when they're less than $20k.  So
I'll be waiting a little while!!  I think the newer cars get a bad
reputation just because of the electronics, but I think most
manufacturers are pretty reliable about those now.  Personally, I like
the reliability and consistency of digital control for things like
transmissions.  I really hate fine tuning the ones on our cars now.

The only thing I don't like about the newer cars is the emissions...
The only way I'd want the Bluetec version is if I could chip it and get
rid of all/most of the emissions.  Obviously the car wouldn't be in
warranty by the time I could afford it ;)

My $.02

John