I know from reading the mails that a lot of you are interested in
electronics, and  always looking for a source and a good price.  Many  of you
may know
of Fry's Electronics _www.outpost.com_ (http://www.outpost.com)  but since they
only have stores in the largest cities, many  may not.  Frys runs several ads
a week and the one on Friday is 8 pages  big, viewable on line.

Noted tonight is a 1TB internal hard drive for $199.95 by  Maxtor. order #
5524820.  Or a 500 GB external drive for 114.99, by Western  Digital.  order #
5530040.

The one Terabyte hard drive caught my eye because I  used  to be Chief
Engineer  of a computer facility for a major  insurance company.  I remember
taking
tours through our facility and  speeling about our 2.3 Terabyte network, a
16,000 square foot room with spinning  hard drives (multiple discs the size of
dinner plate), and main frames,  consuming 600 KW of conditioned,
uninteruptible power!   Another   400 KW was consumed to provide cooling for
said room!
Hardware  value--about 60 million dollars!!

The staff to program and coordinate these resources  approached 200.  Now you
can lay down $200 and plug this drive into your  home PC!   Incredible!

Memories---

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ
79 300SD, 264 K miles