Once the fenders are off, if you want to practice, you may find some stuff
behind the fenders to weld.  If the welds are less the great, not to worry,
they'll be hidden once the new fenders go on.  If you go with new fenders,
you can always keep the old ones and mess around practicing your welds too.

Ed
300E