> <<Yesterday I was allowed to drive the new E320 to the old nuke plant. When
> it
> was time to leave, one of my trainees could start his car and he asked for a
> jump. It was funny to watch him and everyone else that was nearby in the
> parking lot wonder what the heck I was doing when I was backing up towards
> the front of his old bomb.>.

Oh boy. This sort of thing is very dangerous with one of the newer can bus
cars because of the strong possibility of electronic damage due to voltage
spikes. You should have known better. As to the deactivation of the passenger
airbag with the seat empty, it's supposed to be that way. What kind of a
warning?

 My car has a very small warning lit up whenever the set is empty but it's
not in the instrument cluster. And of course, being a '08 model is an
electronic
generation or two newer.

RLE