On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Interesting viewpoint, but I don't think I'd stick an International
> diesel in it.
> 1. They are all too heavy IMO.

That's what engine lifts are for, you know?

> 2. The old IDIs weren't that great on fuel consumption.

Neither were 70's truck gasoline engines

> 3. The powerstroke would twist that F100 frame into a pretzel.

I sincerely doubt it would twist it into a pretzel. It wouldn't be half as
yummy and there would be no salt.

> 4. $4 a gallon diesel.

$3.75 a gallon gas.

> 5. If I had a 617.95x sitting in a rusted out chassis, I'd consider
> dropping it in the F100. Wouldn't be any worse than a 1972 spec 300 Ford,
> except in noise/vibration.

*sighs* Fine. How about a Bluetec V6 to replace the replaced V6 that's
already in there?

EdB

--
"I'm a Night Elf Mohawk!" - Mr. T.