How full is full?  Now car made in the past 25 years at least allows
you tell how full the tank really is.  Now in my 110 200D, you can
see the level of the fuel in the tank.  I don't trust any one tank
mpg number.  I want an average of at least 10 tanks before I think I
have a reliable number.  There is also a lot of variation in fuel.  A
dirty little secret.

At 05:47 PM 4/11/2008, you wrote:
>Hi Ya'll -
>     I check my mpg's everytime I fill up.  For some reason it changes even
>though my wife's driving is consistant - she drives to and from work each
>day, no AC needed, no hard acceleration needed, stuff like that - and yet
>her mpg;s will be 32mpgs one time and 28.5 the next.  We fill up at the same
>station every time also -
>
>Any suggestions?  Don;t get me wrong,  compared to other people I'm doing
>great ;-)
>
>Anyway - perhaps there's something I should be looking at.  BTW - all the
>fuel pumps & filters are like new.
>
>Larry T (66 MGB, 74 911, 91 300D)
>www.youroil.net for Oil Analysis and Weber Parts
>Test Results http://members.rennlist.com/oil