> does not foam.  When it shuts off I leave it alone and remove the fill
> nozzle from the port.  I hope this provides a consistent filling
> method.

I do not think it does.  I top off exclusively, and the amount
of topping off required varies quite a bit due to the highly-
variable amount of foaming you get.  On some winter days it
doesn't even foam more than gasoline.  On others, gallons
more can be put in to get to the same visible liquid level
from the point at which the pump first shut off.  And I
always fill on the slow notch.

-- Jim