Call your local cable company and see if they'll come
out and find it for you.  They employ both
truck-mounted and handheld "sniffers" that are looking
for radiated signals to both keep the system working
properly as well as to catch bootleggers.

You could probably use a portable TV with a RG-6
"pigtail" hanging off it's cable input to see if you
could pin it down that way.

FWIW, if he knows what wall space it's in, why not
just cut a hole the size of a "ready box" and fish
around?  That's what I did in our house, only because
I scammed the builder out of wiring it for cable
because of the obscene amount of money they wanted per
drop - something like $35/each.

I waited until the night before the drywallers came,
and ran cable to every room in the house and back to
the head end - home runs for each one.  My local cable
company even gave me the cable for free.  I nailed the
boxes up and ran the cables.  The drywallers came in
the next day and sealed it all up.

When the electrician was installing all the devices he
kept scratching his head about "I don't remember all
these cable outlets being in the plans."

Hee.

Dan

http://mail.yahoo.com