You are totally correct!  It can be very scarey.  My problem was not
having deep enough pockets to ride out a dip or bump in the prices - a few
cents either way can wipe out thousands - of course there are ways to limit
risk but the contract can be lost easily.

    Reading all the graphs and looking for triple dips - which suppoisedly
indicate a potential rise in prices are gimmicks to catch new traders - make
them think there's a method hidden in the graphs - actually the only thing
that sees the future is knowledge of the market - little nuances like corn
increases so it costs more to feed cattle and pigs - making bacon and beef
cost more -
    Actually the best way to understand how futures work is to watch the
Eddie Murphy movie that dealt with the orange juice market and the things
that made the prices change - cold weather, labor problems, etc - let's
see - "Trading Places"  IIRC.

    Basically *anything* is traded on the futures market -

Larry T (66 MGB, 74 911, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
800-583-8601