155,000 may not be a lot of a diesel, but 24 years old is 24 years old, and
the list to put most 24 year old cars in "proper" working order, is pretty
long.  Factor in all the rubber in the engine compartment, suspension, so so
paint, not to mention things like a 24 year old gas tank, brake lines, and
everything else, it would have to be something more special than what was
described for me to part with $6000, or more to buy.  But that's just me,
and enough ppl are obviously willing to spend that kind of money to keep the
market for such cars where it is.  Plastic or not, I'd take the 560 S Class
any day over a W123.  Besides, I don't remember a W123 having all that much
more chrome than an W126

Ed
300E