yea, we have technology, but when war breaks out for the remaining oil,
all that will go away.

R A Bennell wrote:
> I doubt it. Surely technology can save us from another stone age. If one
> looks at the developments in the past 50
> years or so, there are just so many examples of ingenuity that one must
> believe we can overcome the current
> problems. Look at the development of aircraft and of computers to name just a
> couple. Jet aircraft hardly existed
> by the end of WWII. Within only a short time we were flying 747's. Hand held
> calculators hardly existed by the time
> I graduated from high school in 1970. Now we have laptops that have
> phenomenal capacity.
>
> We have not needed to focus on energy as we always had it in relative
> abundance. If we have to focus on it, we will
> find another means to move forward. Solar energy is out there and can be
> harnessed in ways we have not yet
> experienced. Necessity is the mother of invention sort of thing. Man will
> find a way to keep doing what we now do
> and more. Have faith.
>
> Randy

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  94 E420, 92 300SD, 92 300D, 92 250D Turbo, 92 300E 4Matic,
  91 300D, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 89 260E, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro,
  84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 81 240D, 81 380SLC, 80 240D, 76 240D,
  76 300D, 72 250C, 69 250