On another, VW-oriented list, this guy started a thread about how the CV
joints on his new Passat were failing and the dealer was not honoring
the warranty.  Turns out that the dealer had offered to replace the CV
joints, but was going to use with reman parts.  The guy felt they should
be using new parts for warranty work, and they got into a long argument
about it.  Eventually the dealer said you've f-ed around so long and
kept driving the car so now the damage is your fault, and we're not
going cover any of it under warranty.

Various people responded, offering different strategies and advice, but
it eventually became clear that the guy just wanted to bitch about the
dealer, and didn't really want to make any effort at solving his own
problems.

What's going on here?

Allan
--