From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Russ Williams
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2008 1:06 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] O.T. Computer Trauma/Stuff Running in Background

Bob,

Start by going to this web site: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/
Next open up the Run Command [ Start > Run ]
Type in msconfig Click OK.
When System Configuration Utility opens up click on the "Start Up" Tab
On the Left hand column you will see a list of commands
Start at the top and one by one use the Search feature at the Bleeping
Computer
web site and use the recommendations they give for turning off the programs.
WARNING DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR ANTI-VIRUS By mistake :-) .
When you finish Click the Apply Button on the Bottom.
Windoze will tell you You'll Need to Reboot.
Reboot
You will get a Dialog Box Stating you Have Changed Start up settings.
There is a Check box that says not to show again. Check the Box and
click Ok.

Also there is a good, and best of all FREE, program to get rid of the
Temp Internet files
and other Crap on Your system. Originally named Crap Cleaner it has been
renamed CCleaner
can be found at: http://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds  Download the
Slim Version
It doesn't have that darn Google Search bar included.

Good Luck
Any questions contact me here or off line at the above address.

Russ W.
Tech Committee
Cajun Clickers Computer Club
http://www.clickers.org/