In Florida you are required to take the beginner's
motorcycle safety class to get your motorcycle
endorsement.  The alternative is to take a rather
nasty written test followed by a riding test on a
closed course.

Some insurers require the motorcycle safety course as
well.

I hadn't ridden in some years, and the course was a
good refresher and practice on a closed course.  It's
amazing how much you forget in ten years....

I'm going back for the advanced rider course this
summer if I can find the time.  Once you have at least
1,000 miles under your belt you can take it.  It's
nice, as you do the course on your own bike.

Dan

--- Douglas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Robert you didn't mention if you have experience
> riding! I have been riding
> for 40 years and yes I have a honda shadow 1100cc.
> There are things that you
> should be aware of, the new rider shouldn't buy
> something to commute on and
> learn on at the same time. I would suggest that you
> take the highway safety
> course for riding. They usually use small
> motorcycles and you will learn
> alot!

Be a better friend, newshound, and