I agree with Jim about riding in 100+ heat.  However I disagree with
the 4 cyl statement.  I am not a fan of BMW cars, but the BMW
motorcycles are  reliable, and the twins are smooth, simple,
owner-servicable.  You do not need 4 cyl.  If you want a commute, you
do not want/need a superbike.  Crotch rockets will get you in trouble.

If you study motorcycle statistics, you will find most accidents are
inexperienced riders on Harleys, or imitation harleys.  THey are too
heavy for most riders, and not a way to get good mileage either.

Good luck!  If you continue the MC quest, always have a plan of
action with at least one escape route.  People WILL pull out in front of you!

LF
1971 R75/5 since 1972  R50/2 before that

Loren Faeth