Donald Snook wrote:
> It didn't work out for her. She didn't pass the bar and then gave up trying.
> It is surprising how many people go through the pain of law school only to
> not take the bar or not practice at all.

I know a guy who got fired for not passing the CPA exam. They hired him
with a Masters, so he only needed one year of experience, and they expected
him to pass the test in that year. First time the managers got mad at
him because he didn't register for the test by the deadline. 2nd time
(and last chance for him at that firm) he failed. Found a job with a
lower tier firm, bought the MicroMash software, and made sure he
passed it that time.
I do get the idea the bar is worse than the CPA exam. I don't know if it's
because the test is harder or the candidates are dumber. The accountants
I've known range from average to pretty sharp, but some of the attorneys
and judges I've met seem to fall into the "dumber than a box of rocks"
category. I know some tax accountants who went to law school, none of
them will admit to having any difficulty with the bar exam.
Mitch.